Wednesday, April 29, 2009

That all important first chapter!

I'm struggling to get down on paper what I truly feel. I want the first chapter to be full of passion, of sexy outrageous characters but with heartache. It has to come at a price for all of them but I've written three different chapters and I just feel I'm back at square one. This book has to be worth something come the end of it but I fear that it will never match up to my high standards.

There isn't anything wrong with the first chapter but it lacks something, sparkle I guess. Something to really get the reader hooked. I need to show Kate's life and how its effected her now that she's lost out on. Maybe if instead of thinking about it I just allowed my fingers to flow over the keys then something will magically appear that is worth something! Hmmm...I never said I was J.K. Rowling!

No comments: